Monday, January 7, 2013

a tasty sip :: Pom & sparkling water


While searching for foodie inspiration for the vet clinic Christmas party at our house a few weeks ago, I came across this delicious signature cocktail.  Inspired, I bought pomegranate juice and some Prosecco, and then I also bought sparkling water for the pregnant girl (ie. me).  

I gave the combination a try at the party and was totally hooked!  The sparkling water and tart juice are a refreshing combination.  It's like drinking a fruit soda but with all-natural sugar.  

Want to try?  It's pretty simple...


Gather sparkling water and either Pom or another juice.  I tried this Blueberry-Pomegranate juice because it was less expensive, but it's too sweet for me.  I like the tangy kick of pure pomegranate juice!  (The price of Ocean Spray, however, is sweeter than the price of Pom.) 

Thankfully, sparkling water is cheap in Italy; I bought this sparkling water for about 40 cents a bottle.


Pour yourself some sparkling water and then splash in juice to your taste.  I guesstimate that I add 2-3 tablespoons of juice.

And that's all there is to it.  Kick back and rehydrate with this refreshing mocktail!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious!!! Love sparkling water... though it isn't as cheap here as it is in Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy!! I am SO glad I found your blog! I actually grew up in Italy when I was 6 for a while because my mom is from there :)

    blog.beatricekamperman.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have become quite the fan of apfelshole while living here in Germany (sparkling mineral water with apple juice)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks delicious! I love the shot where you're pouring the juice into the water and you can see the color running.

    ReplyDelete

let's have a conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...