Monday, January 9, 2012

Christmas in Sicily

My entire family (my parents as well as 23yo Eric, 20yo Emily, and 18yo Julia) arrived on Christmas Eve to spend the holidays with us.  We hunkered down at home before the fire, playing games and talking, sipping mugs of tea and eating Christmas party leftover goodies, cooking up delicious meals and playing with little Lena.  I shared a few home-for-the-holidays photos here.

These are a few more choice photos from my "real" camera.

 Christmas morning rainbow and Em making a mug of tea

fingerless gloves I knit for my mom for Christmas, made from the lovely new Brooklyn Tweed Loft

 some snuggles.  a photo of my mom taken while trying out my new 50mm lens (ie. favorite Christmas present!)

Christmas dinner

after-dinner naps and phone calls to the grandparents

daytrip to Etna
a trip to the snowy slopes of Mt Etna, the volcano in our backyard 




daytrip to Taormina
Taormina is one of my favorite places in Sicily, as you might remember from this visit or this visit.

2 comments:

  1. oh it looks like you had so much fun together on christmas! I love spending time with family.

    and how does eric always manage to get older than me despite the fact that I was born a month before? at this point I guess it's inevitable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is from awhile ago now but it looks like a beautiful family celebration. M husband and I once spent a Christmas in Italy (Naples:) and it is the best I have ever had. It was so beautiful in every way but most especially spiritually beautiful.

    Praying that the coming Christmas brings you joy as well.

    ReplyDelete

let's have a conversation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...